So my brother got married last year. Being the good brother that I am, and also the best man, I had to throw him a bachelor party. It was a nice day and to make him remember it I spend my spare time editing a little movie, which I off course showed to everyone at the wedding. After the wedding I also uploaded it to YouTube to be able to share it with our friends and family. This movie is no commercial project. It’s not a big movie. It has 125 views so far. But some how Warner Music Group thinks that it’s a danger to their business. They believe that because I used half a minute of AC/DC’s song Back in Black in the end of the movie they are going to loose money. So they made YouTube cut the sound muting my video. YouTube instead gave me the option to add songs that they have pre-approved to the movie. But what about the dialog? What about the interview parts where my brother explains he’s feelings about getting married? Should I use Franco Micalizzi and his song The Cruel Kidnapper?! Is that the same thing? (No!)
Ok, I understand. This was not an active choice. Nobody saw my movie and though “Hey, fuck this guy! He can’t use our song!” … But come on. This is not a music video. I’m not gonna make any money out of it. If anything I have made money for WMG, cause I bought the song to be able to use it! It just makes me so sad. Why the hell do they work so hard to alienate their customers?!
I’d also like to know what AC/DC think of this … Do they really support this behavior?
I’ve sent an e-mail to almost everyone at WMG Sweden asking these questions. And until I get some answers I’m not gonna buy any more music labeled WMG. That’s for sure. However I do not believe I’m gonna get any replies. Why would they bother? I’m just a customer.
- Sawyer rocks and Jeremy Davies is a King among actors. :-D #lost
“Put your arms around me baby. Can’t you see I need you so. Hold me close against your skin. I’m about to begin… ♫ http://blip.fm/~5aa4c
- Långhelg. Fucking A man! Har shoppat lite food för E’s hemkomst. Nu ska jag ta en kvällsspringtur då jag ej tog en morgonspringtur!
- Downloading Nancy blir man ju grymt sugen på att se! http://is.gd/vAyj
- Fick en enkrona tillverkad 2009 i växel på lunchen. Rejält snygg!
- Ganska skönt att ha mycket att göra och jobba länge idag så jag slipper Chalmers-cortegen och SPEX! *ryser bara av att skriva ordet*
- Tokkaos i spårvagnstrafiken. Amatörtrafik. Ser ut som jag får gå hem…
- Seriöst. To hot for waffles. Eller kläder. Pust. Gjorde min första 5k idag. 30min. På rullband visserligen. Men ändå!
“How long’s it gonna be. Before we get on the bus. And cause no fuss. Get a grip on yourself. It don’t cost much.” ♫ http://blip.fm/~55qej
“We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun. But the hills that we climbed were just seasons out of time.” ♫ http://blip.fm/~55po5
- “Are you Spock?!” :-| :-O
- Pust. Premiärnerver (eller något) orskade bugg. Den var dock snabbt fixad. Så nu går jag hem! (För övrigt: http://spelbutiken.telia.se/)
- Någon har snott Ted Valentins idé och gjort Svininfluenskartan http://is.gd/uxcZ